The project’s second ESR Training event will take place next week (3-5 October) in Leuven, Belgium. Hosted by beneficiary IMEC, the training, as usual, will include scientific and soft skills training:
The subject of our second Focus Topic Session is Spin-orbit Torque, whereas the transversal skills training session, will focus on communication.
- Special Training Session (STS2), delivered by Sofía Facal (Skills4Science, a partner company specializing in soft skills for scientists) written and oral communication in science:
- Speak about science: oral communication skills
- ESRs will have a chance to practice in front of their peers and receive guidance from Sofia
- Focus Topic Session (FTS2) on spin-orbit torque including scientific lectures on
- Spin-orbit torque fundamentals (Paul Noël, Spintec-CEA)
- Materials for spin-orbit torque and magnetic tunnel junctions (Giacomo Talmelli, IMEC)
- Field-free SOT switches (Kaiming Cai, IMEC)
- 300mm SOT-MRAM integration and challenges (Sebastien Couet, IMEC)
- Memory pyramid and place of non-volatile memory in the roadmap (Mohit Gupta, IMEC)
- Circuit design for SOT-RAM (Julien Louche, Antaios)
Looking forward to meeting everybody again! See you in Leuven!